Executive Programme: Career Transition to the Non-Profit Sector
Date: 28 August – 1 September 2017 (Monday-Friday)
Place: Campus Biotech, Geneva, Switzerland
Do you want to contribute to making a more equitable world and have higher job satisfaction?
Working in the non‐profit sector could be your opportunity to contribute your experience, transfer your skills and make a difference. The non‐profit sector needs professionals from all fields.
This five-day executive programme is designed to equip experienced professionals from the private and public sectors with the understanding and additional skill sets needed to transfer their existing capacities to non-profit organisations.
The program is unique in its experiential action‐learning approach: you learn by doing, guided by experienced practitioners. It incorporates:
- Face‐to‐face meetings with managers and leaders of international NPOs to discuss career perspectives.
- Meetings with HR specialists, including from cinfo. cinfo is the Centre for Information,Counselling and Training for Professions relating to International Cooperation,www.cinfo.ch.
- Exchanges with managers who have successfully transitioned to the non‐profit sector and who share their experiences.
- Three hours of individual coaching focusing on themes of personal relevance to help you develop choices and identify opportunities for your future career and to help you adapting your CV accordingly.
The non‐profit NGO Management Association (NMA) and its NGO Management School are specialised in capacity development for non‐profit organisations. We bring good practices from working in over 20 countries in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
International Management School Geneva (IMSG) is a business school located in the heart
of Geneva. IMSG is delivering BA, MA and DBA degrees in English, French and mixed
English/French pathways. IMSG provides personalised education, meeting individual needs.
The Career Transition Executive Programme helps to answer the following questions:
- How do I translate and apply the knowledge and competencies acquired in the private or public sector into what is needed today in non-profit organisations (NPOs)?
- Which hard and soft skills are essential for managers in the non-profit sector, and what is different to the for-profit sector?
- What makes my profil attractive to non-profit organisations, how can I make a difference?
- How should I approach organisations and what do I need to know before applying?
- See the course programme attached (PDF).
• Date: 28 August - 1 September 2017 (Monday-Friday)
• Place: Campus Biotech, Geneva, Switzerland
• Duration: 5 days
• Three hours of tailored advice, coaching and individual review of CVs
• Exchanges with managers and leaders of international and national organisations
• Meeting with non-profit HR specialists
• Swiss Francs CHF 4,500 until 7 August, after which full fee CHF 5,000.
• Registration deadline is Monday, 14 August 2017.
• Fee includes lunch, coffee breaks, course documentation and course certificate.
For further information: Please contact us at +41 22 731 76 66, or email courses(at)ngomanager.org.