In today’s organisations leaders and managers are increasingly expected to lead, empower, motivate and develop team members through coaching and mentoring. This workshop offers an introduction to the core skills and competencies required, including focused listening, asking effective questions, offering feedback, managing relationships and facilitating meetings.
At the end of the workshop, participants will learn about:
- Key skills and competencies required for coaching individuals and for facilitating a larger group
- Basic coaching model, using active listening skills and asking effective questions
- Key elements of adult learning
- Planning and developing a facilitated meeting for a larger group of people
Who should attend
The course will benefit all those interested in improving their leadership skills in developing and empowering others, whether individuals or teams. It would be particularly useful for newly appointed managers and leaders.
- Middle managers
- Human resource professionals
Participants will be expected to be self-reflective and to be motivated by learning and self-development. Those attending will be asked to bring real issues to share in coaching practice, and will be expected to keep a personal reflective learning log during the workshop. Participants will be expected to spend some personal time each day outside of the workshop on reflection or preparation for the following day. Enrollment will be limited to ensure maximum participation.
The programme outline below will be adjusted to match the actual needs and experience of the participants.
Day 1 – Exploring the Context:Leadership and Development Concepts and Trends
- Why coaching, mentoring and facilitation?
- Demonstration coaching session.
Day 2 – What Makes a Good Coach / Facilitator?
- Core skills and competencies: introduction to a basic coaching model, enquiry strategies and giving and receiving feedback.
- Putting it into practice
Day 3 – What Makes a Good Coach / Facilitator?
- Core skills and competencies: active listening and managing the relationship
- Putting it into practice
Day 4 – What Makes a Successful Group Discussion / Meeting?
Essentials of facilitating meetings and workshops: process, tools, techniques and tips
Day 5 – Essentials of Facilitating Meetings and Workshops:
- Putting it into practice and consolidating the learning
- Personal preferences and styles
- Next steps – consolidating the learning
Amanda Cunningham is an experienced leadership and performance specialist with over twenty-five years of relevant experience. She works alongside individuals and teams, particularly in the NGO, voluntary and international sectors. Amanda blends her professional expertise in the fields of human resources, learning and development and leadership with her focussed coaching skills.
Location & Date & Language
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
13 – 17 November 2017
OECD: Swiss Francs CHF 1,950 / USD 2,000
NON-OECD: Swiss Francs CHF 1,750 / USD 1,800
Fee includes coffee breaks, lunch, handouts and course certificate.
More details to follow