Istanbul, 25-29 June 2018
In partnership with the Arab Academy for Banking and Financial Sciences (AABFS)
The Power Tools for Senior Leaders course will hone senior managers’ skills through practical exercises based on case studies in leadership development, team building, communication and partnership management. Participants will be given essential tools to help them incorporate what they learned into their work and career. A consistent use of these tools will contribute to positive processes that will enable the leader to mobilize individuals, teams, as well as organisations towards achieving their strategic goals.
In this course, participants learn about:
- Mastering tools for effective leadership development
- Coaching teams to deliver the expected results
- Acquiring the best communication tools to develop your organisation
- Building bridges of collaboration amongst different sectors
- Exploring promising options for partnership development
Who should attend
This course is for leaders and senior managers from the private, public and non-profit sectors:
- Heads of departments
- Senior managers
- Senior public officials
- Social entrepreneurs
- Founders of organisations and companies
Day 1 – Strengthening Skills for Effective Leadership
- Modern vs. traditional approaches of leadership
- Assessing your personal leadership and influence styles
- How to improve your leadership skills; How to determine weaknesses and fix them
- How successful leaders develop a vision for the future
Day 2 – Building Successful Teams
- Building a strong management team
- Leading effective teams
- Motivating and energizing your company/organisation
Day 3 – Strengthening Communications for Opinion-Makers
- Developing an effective communication strategy for leaders: oral presentations, radio and TV Interviews
Day 4 – Utilizing Corporate Social Responsibility to Strengthen Your Initiatives
- CSR: myths and reality, current state of affairs, examples
Day 5 – Exploring New Partnership Models
- Diversifying collaboration: when and how to collaborate locally, regionally and internationally
- The most innovative types of partnerships and collaborations
- Creating the best options for your organization
Rana Haddad has more than 15 years of experience in national and international development organizations. She has worked for several United Nations agencies (UNHCR, UNESCO, UNAIDS, UNFPA, UNODC, WHO, FAO, ILO), national organisations, the Red Cross, Save the Children International, Oxfam, foundations, academic institutions (American University of Beirut, Balamand University, Johns Hopkins University) and consulting firms. Rana has a Master in Public Health and Education from American University of Beirut and a teaching diploma. She trained leaders, managers and staff members, developed and implemented projects, programmes and organisational strategies on a variety of themes. She has worked in most countries of the Middle East and North Africa and has also given courses in Switzerland, Turkey and Tanzania.
Rana is based Beirut, Lebanon.
Mövenpick Hotel Golden Horn, Istanbul, Turkey.
Date & Course language
Course date: 25-29 June 2018. Course language: English.
Registration closes on 11 June.
OECD: Swiss Francs CHF 2,950 (approx. Euro 2,500)
NON-OECD: Swiss Francs CHF 2,650 (approx. Euro 2,250)
Fee includes coffee breaks, lunch, handouts and course certificate.
A 10% reduction is available if registration and payment are completed until 21 May.
For more information about this course, please contact us at courses[at]ngomanager.org or call +41 22 731 76 66.