Watch our video: Meet the trainer- Caroline Tosti
Click here to download the course leaflet (PDF format).
The planning and evaluation phases of strategic communication, as well as the proper dissemination and promotion of tools are too often neglected. Consequences? The different communication activities carried out by the organisation may lack relevance and results are not what they could be.
This course follows a 3-step process in order to build your capacity in managing the communication activities of your organisation, from planning to evaluation, in the best possible way.
- Day 1: Analysing your situation – Analysing the overall communication paradigm and its challenges.
- Day 2: Planning for success – Developing a sound strategy and framework of action for impactful communication activities
- Day 3: Bringing sound communication alive – How to use the most relevant tools and messages for maximal outreach to identified targets The course features presentations, experiential learning and sharing experiences, facilitated discussions, individual and group activities.
The course includes a 3 hours coaching with the trainer.
Following this course, participants will be able to more efficiently manage their time. More
specifically, participants will be able to:
- identify strengths, weaknesses and areas of improvement of an organisation’s overall communication strategy
- undertake an internal audit of their organisation’s communication
- develop a communication strategy and plan of action
- assess and review communication tools, target audiences and messages; make recommendations and propose measures for improvement
- take concrete measures to close the gaps in the current communication strategy or its implementation, in accordance with priorities and resources
- reach out effectively and get messages across to different target audiences using the most relevant tools and messages build the overall capacity for managing the communication of an organisation; continued learning.
Who should attend
This 3-day course is intended for practitioners with different profiles who want to strengthen their capacity in strategic communications, including – but not limited – to:
- Practitioners already working in communication for a non-profit organisation (NGO or another non-profit organisation, a foundation or an UN agency):
- who are specialised in one area of communications, such as media relations or reporting and would like to have a more holistic approach to communication
- who are planning to take more responsibilities in communication
- who have little experience and want to strengthen their overall skills in communication management
- who have learned on the spot without any specific training in communication;
- Practitioners working in the non-profit sector but not in communication such as fundraising officer, project or programme staff whose tasks are closely related to the communication for their organisation;
- Heads of non-profit organisations, offices and departments with decision-making power in communication who want a better understanding of critical communication issues and challenges;
- Staff in charge of allocating funds for communication projects and activities of non-profit organisations;
- Practitioners working in communication for the private sector who want to move into the non-profit sector and understand how different it is from what they have been practising so far.
Post Course Coaching
At NMA we believe that all training requires post-course coaching to ensure that new skills and knowledge acquired during the training are fully embedded in professional practice and bring new competencies to your organisation.
In order to achieve this, we offer three hours of post-course sessions of tailored coaching to each participant in the months after the course and guide participants in the translation of understanding theory and new knowledge into the development of professional competencies and practices.
Day 1 – Analysing your situation
Analysing the overall communication paradigm and its challenges
- How does communication contribute to the realisation of the organisation’s vision, mission and strategic objectives
- The necessary alchemy of the main modalities of communication: target audiences/messages/channels
- Differences between an internal audit of communications, a policy, a strategy and a plan of action
- Assessment of your organisation’s communication status: Where does it stand, are there any gaps to close?
Day 2 – Planning for Success
Developing a sound strategy and framework of action for impactful communication activities.
- Analysis of past actions and current aspirations: internal audit; what does it cover?
- What does a successful strategy look like? What does it include? Why should each organisation have a strategy?
- Indicators of success for communication activities and means of verification
Day 3 – Bringing sound communication alive
How to use the most relevant tools and messages for maximal outreach to identified target audiences.
- Review of possible communication tools: their characteristics, differences, pros and cons, relevance of their choice
- Message design: do’s and don’ts
- Outreach: much more than a distribution list mailings concepts and grant proposals
3 hours post-course coaching
At the end of the training, the participants get in touch with the trainer to schedule the individual coaching.
Caroline Tosti is a certified trainer and consultant based in Switzerland with more than 15 years of experience working for the United Nations, NGOs and training institutions in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and the USA. Her main areas of skills include the development and implementation of communication strategies, the production of information tools, media relations, the organisation of campaigns and special events.
Location & Date & Language
Ecumenical Center, Route de Ferney 150 , 1218 Le Grand-Saconnex
19-21 September 2016
OECD: Swiss Francs CHF 1750 / USD 1800
NON-OECD: Swiss Francs CHF 1600 / 1550
Fee includes coffee breaks, lunch, handouts, course certificate and 3-hours post-course coaching.
For more information, contact us.