How to raise funds for NGO activities
- 29 September – 1 October 2015, Geneva, Switzerland
Click here to download the course leaflet (PDF format).
Competition among NGOs in the acquisition of donor funding is very strong. In order to face the donors’ expectations, the fundraisers have to improve and professionalise their work. This course is designed to give you practical and appropriate tools to raise funds successfully in favour of your organisation’s activities. You will familiarise with marketing and strategic elements. You will then learn how to elaborate a grant proposal and a corporate partnership, as well as how to approach individuals and major donors. Participants will have the possibility to make exercises in order to practice the theory, individually or in working groups.
Who should attend
The course will benefit in particular:
- Newly appointed project managers
- Newly appointed directors and department head of NGOs
- Project and programme managers
- Founders and board members of NGOs
How you and your organisation will benefit – Learning Objectives
On this course, participants will be able to:
- Use marketing tools in raising funds
- Understand the expectations of the donors
- Formulate a fundraising strategy
- Elaborate a grant demand
- Learn how to develop corporate partnerships
- Become familiar with individuals and major donors approach
- Improve communication skills
The training course is based on a series of modules, which can be adapted to the requirements of the course participants. The emphasis is put on practice and hands-on exercises and includes:
- Questions and answers
- Role play
- Short presentations
To ensure optimal training, this course will use practical case studies of the participants and problems encountered in their fundraising activities. Participants are requested to bring their financial proposals or related documents which may be shared and discussed with the other participants. Therefore, where applicable confidential information should be removed from these documents.