We cordially invite you to join the next NGO Finance Managers Network event:
Building strong relationships through effective conflict resolution
Tuesday 11 December 2012
16:30 – 18:00
The Swiss Press Club, Route de Ferney 106, La Pastorale, 1202 Geneva
Stuck with an overloaded plate of work and a boss who committed you to a deadline you cannot meet? How do you tell a colleague a project is unrealistic, while preserving a good working relationship?
Finance, administration and HR departments fulfill a crucial role in NGOs. They are often in the cross-roads and deal with many stakeholders. The interaction with each of these groups can be a source of creativity to further the objectives of an organisation or a source of tension. How the interactions are done and conflicts dealt with, have a direct impact on how successful we are in the organisation.
Mike Pejcic, Director of Administration and Chief Financial Officer of Interpeace will provide practical tools and tips on how to deal with difficult conversations and improve one’s ability to hold other people accountable. Practical cases will be discussed and the session will provide a platform to exchange views, experiences and tips on what has worked for you in the past.
Meeting registration & fee
Membership is available to organisations and individuals. Organisational memberships are transferable among staff of the same organisation. Membership entitles you to:
- Participation in 4 out of the next 6 one-day meetings of the Finance Managers Network, including lunch and coffee breaks (two half-day meetings count as a one day meeting)
All presentations from each meeting
- Synthesised summaries of key learning from each meeting
- Access to an expert-moderated e-forum for follow-up and ongoing discussion
- Access to selected financial management resources (including articles, guides, manuals and tools)
- Membership costs CHF 800
- If you are unable to attend a meeting a colleague may attend in your place
- Additional participants from your organisation can attend each meeting for CHF 200
If you are interested to obtain Organisational Membership, please click here for more information and the application form.
After registering for a meeting or for membership, you will receive an email with the payment details and login details to access the online member area.