Knowledge and Skills for High Impact Leadership
Click here to download the course leaflet (PDF format).
For successful leadership, the team leader should lead by example, with enthusiasm and inspiration, recognizing member accomplishments, coaching and helping members to solving problems. To achieve the team’s objectives, the team leader needs to focus on the team members, their creative ideas and input. This approach helps the leader to keep the team motivated and on track for results.
The team leader facilitates cooperation among people of diverse skills and backgrounds to develop synergies and to maximize their strengths. To establish and maintain a cooperative environment of trust and creativity is one of the main tasks of a successful team leader. Such an environment is conducive for dialogue and debate within the team, helps to shape team consensus and is crucial for the good and productive functioning of a team. To this purpose, the team leader should adopt an open door policy for team members to come up with questions or for discussion.
For this cooperative process, the team leader needs to acquire and improve communication skills to successfully conduct debates and negotiations, to facilitate decision-making and conflict resolution.
Who should attend
In this course, participants will gain essential knowledge and skills required by a team leader. It is intended in particular for:
- Team leaders
- Project and programme managers
- Heads of department
- Heads of office
- Senior managers and executive directors
How you and your organisation will benefit – Learning Objectives
On this course participants will be able to:
- Organizing a team around the team’s objectives
- Establishing a plan of action for the team and monitoring its implementation
- Managing a team and team dynamics between team members and groups within the team
- Improving communication within the team and with management
- Understanding and resolving conflict
- Identifying effective leadership and management approaches
- Negotiating for better outcomes
|Day 1||Building Teams that Work
|Day 2||Leading a Team for Results
Interested in having this course conducted tailor-made for your organisation? Please contact us.