How to lay the foundation for a solid approach in human resources
Click here to download the course leaflet (PDF format).
People are an organisation’s most important resource and asset. Good management of individuals and the workforce is crucial to attain the organisational goals and objectives. This intensive five-day course for practitioners provides a comprehensive and solid foundation in human resource management.
During the first two days, participants will learn how to carry out hiring processes and how to develop adequate compensation with the development of a salary policy, social benefits and contracts. During days three to five, participants will learn and practice how to develop a HR strategy and guidelines, how to develop procedures for job evaluations, promotions and training programmes for the workforce. Particular emphasis is placed on managing intercultural and gender issues. Participants will learn how to develop a plan for HR development, how to communicate HR strategies with employees effectively and how to manage stress and conflict.
During the course, real-life HR issues and experiences are discussed and shared to develop the participant’s knowledge, skills and mindsets on HR Management. Participants will gain a hands-on experience in the actual preparation, building and implementation of a HR policy.
Who should attend
This basic HR training course is designed for those who already have some responsibility on HR or who may be taking on such responsibility. It is intended in particular for:
- HR Managers and Practitioners
- Experienced Managers who are new to HR or pursuing a career change
- Project Managers
- Heads of Mission
- Executive Directors of smaller NGOs
How you and your organisation will benefit – Learning Objectives
On this course participants will be able to:
- Define the main functions of HR management
- Establish effective recruitment and selection techniques
- Develop basic compensation and benefits packages
- Use appropriate tools and checklist for human resource management
- Develop different strategies for a human resource policy
- Create a human resources strategy and plan
- Realise job evaluations, define criteria for promotions and outline staff training programmes
- Deal with intercultural and gender issues
- Learn how to deal with stress and conflict
- Communicate HR issues effectively
|Day 1||Defining Human Resources
Getting the Best Employees: Hiring Processes
|Day 2||Hiring Processes (continued)
|Day 3||Developing HR Management Policies and Guidelines
|Day 4||Human Resource Development
|Day 5||Human Resource Development (continued)
Communicating HR Strategies with Employees
Interested in having this course conducted tailor-made for your organisation? Please contact us.