Coaching models, techniques and tools & practicing coaching skills
Click here to download the course leaflet (PDF format).
Why coaching? Coaching is increasingly being used within organisations to support improved personal and team performance. As organisations find themselves working within an increasingly complex world, where they are often required to do more with less, coaching offers a tool for encouraging and supporting individuals and team members to find solutions and to take responsibility for their own actions and outcomes.
This course follows a two-step process: First, clarifying what coaching is and is not, introducing a basic coaching model and trying it out. Second, going further into coaching techniques and tools, and consolidating learning through practicing coaching skills in small groups, with guided feedback.
The course includes demonstrations, facilitated discussions, individual and group activities and experiential learning through coaching practice in pairs or triads. Participants should identify current work issues or challenges to bring to the workshop for coaching practice. All participants will have the opportunity to coach, be coached and to observe and give feedback. This is a highly interactive workshop, developed around adult learning principles.
Who should attend
This is a two-day introductory workshop intended for
- HR professionals
interested in exploring how to support improved individual and team performance within their organisations through using a coaching style of management.
How you and your organisation will benefit – Learning objectives
Following this workshop, participants will have an understanding of coaching and mentoring and will be comfortable to coach others on straightforward issues within their organisation, or externally. More specifically, participants will be able to:
- Understand what coaching is and how it can support performance within organisations
- Understand the differences between mentoring, coaching and counselling
- Be comfortable in using a basic coaching model to work with others within their organisations
- Understand and apply a range of coaching and influencing approaches
- Improve their communication and influencing skills through developing active listening and effective questioning skills
- Understand interference and limits on performance
- Contract clearly and ethically, and be aware of coaching boundaries
- Be comfortable giving and receiving feedback, and learning from others
- Examine continued learning and supporting coaching quality
|Day 1||Getting started – a coaching model
|Day 2||Building on basics – exploration and consolidation
Interested in having this course conducted tailor-made for your organisation? Please contact us.