Click here to download the course leaflet (PDF format)
Non-profit organisations are increasingly expected to provide evidence of the impact of their work and its lasting contribution to positive social change. However, such change is rarely the result of the discernable actions of a single organisation and rarely follows a simple linear cause and effect model of change. Rather, social change is the result of a culmination of multiple influences, including unique contextual factors, specific events, as well as the actions of a diverse range of actors.
Developed in the non-profit sector, Outcome Mapping is an approach to planning, monitoring and evaluation that recognizes that social change is fundamentally the result of changes in the behavior of individuals, groups and institutions in society, and as such is the result of messy and complex processes. Outcome Mapping focuses on the specific contributions an organisation’s work makes to changes in the behaviour, relationships, actions and activities of individuals, groups and institutions. Outcome Mapping is of particular relevance and value to organisations seeking to bring about social change and engaged in advocacy or capacity building activities.
This course provides you with a practical introduction to Outcome Mapping, its conceptual basis and practical application. It offers you a powerful tool with which to define in clear and explicit terms the outcomes you are seeking to achieve as your organisation’s contribution to a wider social impact. This course focuses on how Outcome Mapping can help you to clarify: i) whose behaviour your organisation is seeking to influence; ii) in what way; iii) for what reason; and iv) how. This course also highlights how Outcome Mapping can encourage organisational learning and performance improvements through its approach to monitoring and evaluation. Finally, this course addresses some of the potential challenges associated with using Outcome Mapping and provides recommendations and insights for how to get the very best out of its use.
Who should attend
Leaders, managers and staff interested in enhancing their organisation’s planning, monitoring and evaluation, in particular:
- Executive directors
- Senior and middle management
- Programme and project staff
How you and your organisation will benefit – Learning Objectives
After this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of changes in the behavior of individuals, groups and institutions to achieving positive social change
- Describe the main concepts, key terms and phases in Outcome Mapping
- Use Outcome Mapping as an approach to organisational, programme and project planning
- Plan, manage and guide organizational, programme and project planning processes using Outcome Mapping tools and approaches
- Use Outcome Mapping’s performance monitoring and evaluation systems to enhance an organisation’s learning from experience
- Assess the potential utility of Outcome Mapping for the planning, monitoring and evaluation of an organisation’s work
- Integrate the relevant dimensions of Outcome Mapping into an organisation’s existing planning, monitoring and evaluation practices
- Translate Outcome Mapping terminology into your organisation’s existing language
Interested in having this course conducted tailor-made for your organisation? Please contact us.