Strategies and tools to achieve your goals
Click here to download the course leaflet (PDF format).
Good time management enhances the overall effectiveness and efficiency of individuals and organisations. This interactive and practical two-day course has been designed for professionals from non-profit and international organisations to provide practical strategies, good practices, tools and tips to improve the use of their time.
The course features presentations, experiential learning experiences, facilitated discussions, individual and group activities.
Who should attend
The course will benefit in particular:
- Individuals who want to improve their time management
Following this course participants will be able to manage the more efficient use of their time. More specifically, participants will be able to:
- Analyse individual time management practices and differences
- Apply time management tools and tips to improve individual and team time management practices
- Recognise and tackle time wasting activities
- Develop action plans drawing on time management principles
- Manage their own workloads with greater confidence
- Identify and address time management issues with supervisors, colleagues and subordinates
The training course is based on a series of modules, which can be adapted to the requirements of the course participants. The emphasis is put on practice and hands-on exercises and includes:
- Questions and answers
- Role play
- Short presentations
Introduction to time management
The principles of time management
Time management review
Good practices in time management
Good practices in time management (continued)
Getting it done
Participants are asked to monitor the use of their time prior to the course. Specifically, participants are requested to maintain a personal time management log for between one and two weeks of how they spend their time. An optional format is provided for this. Alternatively, participants can use their own format however their log should provide sufficient detail for a participant during the course to review their own use of time.
Interested in having this course conducted tailor-made for your organisation? Please contact us.